Monday, January 31, 2011

Improvisation, Creativity, Hip-hop and Nerdy Asians

This is probably the best title for a blog post that I've written. Ever.


Catching up on my blog reading Sunday night and came across surgeon and researcher Charles Limb on TED talks.


Some observations:
1. He has the worst powerpoint presentation. Ever. (Please see below)



2. 13: 30 He raps in his TED talks. Yes, he raps. Dorky Asian Guy raps. Back to my thesis that Hip-Hop + Asian People = Love (Please see below)




3. 14:26 Pan to a bunch of white people crossing their arms, yawning and scratching their heads -- as Dr. Limb stands bobbing his head. Womp. Womp. (Please see below)



4. In the related article, he says: 
And I have to tell you, I’ve been having a ton of fun with this study, just experientially. When we were making our beats and our stimuli, trying to design the study, there’s no way to do this study without trying to rap yourself. It really transforms the lab!
I wish I was there to watch him come up with freestyles about his life. Got em.

No comments:

Post a Comment